Sunday, April 11, 2010

Belly Pic - 7 Weeks

-Mandy

So we've decided to start documenting my growing belly now, before it starts to grow. The belly currently measures 31 inches - the same measurement I got when I found out I was pregnant. In theory, I should wear the same outfit in every picture and take it in the same spot each time. Since the clothes I'm wearing now will never fit in 8 months, I found a simple enough black tank-top, which I'm sure I can later match with a preggo top. And we chose Bun's future nursery for our "studio".

Seven Week Belly Pic

While I don't look pregnant yet, I'm definitely feeling the full swing of first trimester symptoms. I'm nauseous all the time and have very little appetite, so eating has become quite the chore. I'm also feeling exhausted most of the time and have started taking naps during the day and sleeping at least 9 hours a night. I'm trying to continue my workout regimen, but it's getting difficult to drag myself out of bed in the morning for the gym. Even so, I feel so much better the days that I find time for even a short jog. I've also been quite pleasantly surprised with Sea Bands - the baby blue wristbands I'm sporting in the above pic. Not only are these stylish accessories quite the fashion statement, but (more importantly) they really help keep the nausea under control.

And then there's the mood swings: I've cried more in the past few days than I think Ben has seen during our entire marriage! And anything can set it off - running out of hot water in the shower, Ben cooking dinner and doing the dishes, or a bout of nausea when we're out shopping. Ben's a trooper though - glad I married such a patient guy. :)

No matter how I feel, I know it's all going to be worth it when I get to hold our little Bun in 8 months! For now, I'm anxiously awaiting the 2nd trimester energy boost I've been promised.

No comments: