Saturday, May 29, 2010

14 Weeks, and Sick

-Mandy

It's official - I'm now in my 2nd trimester!  Supposedly a time of relative comfort, disappearing nausea, returning energy, and a growing belly, it's so far been living up to its expectations.  I'd consider life just about perfect right now, if it weren't for this awful upper respiratory infection that's been nagging me for the past week!

On one hand, I feel lucky that this illness held off until now.  I don't have to contend with this on top of nausea, and I'm not nearly as nervous about the medication I'm taking (Robitussin DM, Tylenol, Sudafed, and Benedryl - all approved by the doc).  But the fact that this illness moved in just as the nausea was moving out has got me a bit irked.

In the midst of all the coughing, however, I've begun to enjoy a real pregnant belly.  While it's been gradually rounding for a few weeks, my uterus didn't really start to pop until this past week...and it seems to be pushing the rest of my belly toward the front.  The maternity clothes that sagged a week ago are fitting nicely now, and I'm starting to look pregnant to the outside world! 

With all these changes, I'm beginning to imagine the little life growing inside me.  I've even been a bit humored by the idea that Bun has been feeling and reacting to my deep chest coughs this past week. ;-)  Ben and I see the doctor on Tuesday for another ultrasound and a check of my cervix.  Although it's early, I'm crossing my fingers that we'll be able to find out if it's a boy or girl.

Life's getting exciting in our world...I just can't wait to be done with this respiratory infection and get on with enjoying the best part of pregnancy!!

No comments: